We have been conducting audit and assurance services for more than 100 years. The experience we have gained over this time has allowed us to provide an efficient and cost effective service to our clients.
With offices in both Christchurch and Timaru we are centrally based to serve our diverse client base that is spread throughout the South Island.
Our clients include:
||- Council controlled organisations,
||- Incorporated Societies,
||- Schools (Pre, Primary, Secondary)
Why choose us?
- We pride ourselves on being friendly and easily accessible audit specialists.
- Our team has strong technical skills and a healthy dose of professional scepticism, which provide the heart and soul of a good audit.
- We recognise that accounting can be incredibly complex and often baffling to those who are not regularly dealing with it. Instead of criticising the quality of financial statements presented to us for audit, we take a pro active approach and assist the accountants or treasurers concerned in bring their financial information up to the disclosure and compliance standards required under the appropriate local and international accounting standards.
- We use modern computerised audit systems that help us to offer you clear conclusions and ensure compliance with governing legislation.
- We do not like surprises, just like you, so we provide set fees, at competitive rates, at the beginning.
- Our team have extensive experience auditing a wide range of entities from very small not-for-profits right through to large private companies.
- Due to being a smaller audit firm there is a much high proportion of input from the partner and senior staff members.
We provide the following services:
- Audits of financial statements
- Review of financial statements
- Ministry of Education reporting requirements for: Pre-Schools, Primary Schools and Secondary Schools.
- Department of Internal Affairs reporting requirements for Racing clubs and Gaming Machine Operators.
- Defined reporting engagements, where we perform specified testing and report directly and only to the client upon our findings.
- Internal audit and internal control supervision
- Staff training for your team on compliance with internal controls
What services can we help you with?
Are you unsure what your entity's requirements are? Follow through the decision tree below.
If you would like to consider Martin Wakefield please do not hesitate to contact Derily MacLean (audit principal). We are happy to provide a free, no obligation and independent assessment of your organisations Auditing or Assurance needs.
Back to Services